Sunday 12 February 2012

on yer bike

This month is Bike Wise Month.  How often do you ride a bike?  Not only is cycling fun, but cyclists (and I'm not meaning the lycra wearing, high-speed folk) are much more likely to live a long and happy life.  Even with a keen easterly, New Brighton cyclists are a happy lot.
Personally, I'm not really the sporty type~ if I can't be carrying my handbag at the same time then it's just not happening for me.  But on my bike?  You betcha!  On my bike I can carry my handbag full of essentials, my daughter, some groceries and a change of clothing.  We don't take up much space at all!

How's your bike rolling?  Need some help or inspiration to get it back on the road?  Why not pop along to one of the city's bike fixup events, meet some other lovely cyclists (because we're all like that, really) and get some top tips and how to's for the two wheels|two legs variety of transport.

If it's entertainment you're after, why not visit some of  Gap Filler's Cycle Powered Cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kia ora
Thanks for making a comment- subject to editing, it will be posted tomorrow!