Friday 24 February 2012

I ❤ New Brighton

There won't be many there among us tomorrow who don't sincerely love New Brighton.  This is one of the most beautiful examples of community that I've ever encountered.  Brightonites are a proud, passionate lot, who often think as their peninsula as a village apart from the rest of the city.  We love the beach, the river and the forests on our doorsteps; we defend ourselves against the city-dwellers' opinions of the easterly and our mall.  And, despite recent events, I doubt there are many folk who would ever leave, given the choice.

The original I ❤ New Brighton was created by a collaboration of community leaders with the idea of simply cheering everybody up - no need to mention the 'E' word.  It was a hugely popular success.


This year is no different. I ❤ New Brighton gives us all a chance to celebrate living by the sea in our beautiful New Brighton.
 
I'll be there, up the front, under the Wishing Tree- come over, introduce yourself and make a wish for what you'd like to see in your New Brighton.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Kia ora
Thanks for making a comment- subject to editing, it will be posted tomorrow!